The sizing of jazz shoes differ to common shoes sizes.
There are 2 ways to find out the ideal jazz shoe size for the little dancers. 1st option is to calculate the shoe size from your Indian regular shoe size. However , over the past decade serving customers throughout India, we have arrived at the best way to accurately arrive at the shoe size as shown below.
Take the following simple steps to worry-free and accurately find out the correct shoe size for the dancer.
What you need is A4 size sheet of paper, pencil , a measuring tape or ruler and of course, the dancer.
- Take a piece of regular A4 paper and ask the dancer to stand on it with the left foot.
- Trace the outline of the foot with the help of a pencil.
- Measure the distance in centimeters ( cms ) from the heel to the end point of the biggest toe (this can be the second toe in some cases).
- Measure the width of the widest part of the foot.
- Note this down and repeat the same for the right foot.
Compare the length from the steps above to the following chart to arrive at the correct size. In case of in-between measurements, always go with the next size up. In case the feet are wide you might find that you will have to go with a wider shoes (perhaps next size up) even though the length might be matching with a smaller size.
Note : All measurements are in cms.